Did you know our products are 100% high quality leather sourced from Italy and Europe? At N’Damus London we pride ourselves on the production of timeless and durable leather items that our customers will enjoy for years.
Leather is a durable natural material, which can last a lifetime with the correct care. But do you know how to care for your leather goods? Here are 6 simple tips on how to keep your leather items in good condition.
1. Handle leather bags with clean hands. Leather readily absorbs grease and oils, which can leave noticeable blemishes on the surface. Nonetheless, blemishes are a part of life. Chalk for life? For oil yes! Crushed chalk can absorb oily blemishes when used quickly. Crush white chalk and sprinkle on the blemish. Leave overnight for more ingrained blemishes, then wipe away the chalk using a clean cotton cloth.
2. Keep cosmetics inside a pouch. You don’t want to ruin your beautiful leather bag with lip gloss or concealer stains, do you?
3. Remove stains as soon as you notice them. Organic stains from food, etc can often be removed with chalk powder. Crush white chalk, let it sit on the stain overnight and dust it off with a clean cloth.
4. Moisturize your bag with a leather conditioner and use a leather-specific protective spray. Just do it. Makes a difference. We love Fiebing’s Carbauba Cream.
6. Apply a cleaner especially made for leather. Applying specialist soaps and cleaners one or two times a year should keep your leather items nice and clean.
7. Stuff your unused bag to restore and hold its shape. Store your leather bag in a dust bag or natural-fabric pillowcase. If you’re storing long-term, ease open the buckles and straps so impressions are released.